About Me

My photo
Peginterferon-Ribavirin, Failed it twice. Incivek, Failed it. Sovaldi Olysio, failed it. Harvoni, failed it... Transplant Patient Zepatier and Sovaldi...we'll find out!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 1 and 2


Today is Friday the 13th and while most consider it to be an unlucky day, it’s the day I’ve chosen to start my treatment. I had originally intended on starting months ago, but issues with insurance companies delayed my start date until now.

Today is mostly prep, until a little before 1900, then I begin. The treatment consists of six pills in the morning and six in the evening, they must be taken 15-20min after eating around 20g of fat. Additionally there is a weekly injection, while most of the time the injection is easy, occasionally you get what my mom so lovingly calls a “gusher.” It’s when you miss the fat and hit a vein… needless to say it hurts, and usually bruises.

Having done the treatment before I know that to expect, to a certain degree. This treatment includes a whole new drug, and it’s one hell of a doozey. The drug is called incivek, and has some crazy side effects including myopathy and lots of rectal issues/anemia… it’s less than pleasant.

--this previous part was written before injection—

After the initial injection, it’s not terrible, it’s just like the last two times, I feel very tired and a little nauseous, memory has taught me to take a Tylenol PM prior to injection so it cushions the initial injection.

I had intended on posting this last night, but I fell asleep in delirious haze, as if I hadn’t slept for days.
This morning brought back memories, aches and pains all over my body, random burning and freezing sensations, hypersensitivity, nausea, I feel physically weak and a new symptom burning diarrhea. Pepto is not helping this cause much.

I’ll be setting up my camera for a vlog that I intend on doing post each injection, you may even be lucky enough to watch me inject! This treatment is not for the faint at heart, i dropped my fear of needles when I was a kid.

This weekend is also comic-con, and for the first time in 14 years, I’m not going.
So it’s a strange weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment