About Me

My photo
Peginterferon-Ribavirin, Failed it twice. Incivek, Failed it. Sovaldi Olysio, failed it. Harvoni, failed it... Transplant Patient Zepatier and Sovaldi...we'll find out!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Numbers and one last bottle.


This is the last bottle of pills of Harvoni I will take.

In 28 days i will be finished with my fifth (and hopefully final treatment.)

Over the course of my life i have spent One year, six months, two weeks, and three days undergoing a treatment for Hepatitis C(HCV) I will have spent 23 days in the hospital, for HCV related issues that either nearly killed me, or as of a result of complications, nearly killed me. I will have spent a total of 14 hours undergoing imaging, 8 hours under the knife (surgery), and had over 200 visits to the doc.

In 28 days, i will be finished with this treatment. In four weeks, i will be able to check the second 0 off my list, and all that's left is SVR 12 in August. With three 0s in a row i will be cured.

The side effects of Harvoni were nothing in comparison the my previous treatments. The ease of a oral once per day pill makes this treatment something i hope is readied for use for children with HCV soon. Presently the first treatment (Peg-Interferon+Ribavirin) i went on, is the one available to children save special cases.

With only 28 days left, This will probably be the longest month I've had in years.


In celebration, tomorrow I will be doing a vlog, as it's been a while since I've done one.

No comments:

Post a Comment