About Me

My photo
Peginterferon-Ribavirin, Failed it twice. Incivek, Failed it. Sovaldi Olysio, failed it. Harvoni, failed it... Transplant Patient Zepatier and Sovaldi...we'll find out!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Free Fallin


So my last two injections went fine when I broke flesh, but post injection seems to be another story.

Last week’s injection bruised within a day, and has only recently stopped expanding. Since that injection, the ribovirin cough has returned with a vengeance. Fueled by the unusual weather my nose has started over producing mucus.

After this last injection however my mucus is mostly filled with blood, my eyes have become bloodshot and the headaches are getting worse. The injection this last Friday was the worst I’ve had, as I went through and through a larger capillary.  The bruising started almost instantly and will rival its partner on my opposite leg. 

My energy levels have dropped dramatically, and I spent six more hours sleeping this Saturday than I did the last. I have no physical rashes, and yet it feels like I’m itching underneath my skin. The typical liver pain has been enhanced further and seemingly every muscle in my body is lobbying for president of annoying the shit out of me right now. As everything I do hurts, any amount of prolonged pressure inflicts a dull ambient pain around that area. This causes me to shift my position constantly, rivaling perhaps a small child with ADHD.

I made the mistake of easing up on my physical routine because I was too tired, I’m going to pick it back up again and hope it addresses some of the issues. I can’t sit here and do nothing. I’m tired of waiting and having no control over the outcome, I will seize this. I will take what I’ve worked and endured for, and I will not back down. Tom Petty knows what I’m talkin’ bout.

Only two weeks left of the Incivek, so thankfully in a month or so many of my symptoms should disappear.  I’ve still got 31 weeks left over all…. I’ve done 11 Injections this round. I’ve almost through one of hard  parts,  the second hill comes after 30 weeks because of the damage dealt to the injection sites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment