About Me

My photo
Peginterferon-Ribavirin, Failed it twice. Incivek, Failed it. Sovaldi Olysio, failed it. Harvoni, failed it... Transplant Patient Zepatier and Sovaldi...we'll find out!

Friday, March 10, 2017

Sequitur

My mind and heart are racing, but they'll be no winner.

Waiting for a phone call that will determine your life is nerve-racking.

I've been here before.
Too many times.

Every treatment is terribly exciting, because it could cure me. But based on my experience, it won't.

There is little I can do to help the process, little I can do to find out what's going on.

I suspect that the reason I don't get anxious in most things, is because I'm so focused on this. I've learned to calm my mind, and ease my heart.

But there are moments that bend me out of joint. I've waited for phone calls for years:

"I'm sorry."
"It can't be helped."
"They'll be another one."
"There always is."

The struggle is remembering that it's not me. It's something that happened to me.

In many ways my formative years developed around the notion that because of it, people treat me differently.

But I wish that were my only problem, because that I can deal with, I can affect.

But this.... I can't.

Information is my tool for success.
But it's a double-edged sword.
The more I know, the more I understand my limitations.

Every treatment means four chances.
But I've never been past my first chance.

To seize that feeling when I know my existence isn't burdensome. Was a flicker for brief moments in my life.

To say that depression follows right behind me doesn't give the stigma, the ailments, the fear a standing chance.

I grew up with this idea that I walk beside death. And he's been my least favorite friend this entire time.

But he's followed by something too.

What is harder to see is that hope, clarity, friendship and joy follow him.

Which means they're right here with me just as close as the others. But if I don't​ adjust my perspective, the angle makes them appear farther away, like a sideview mirror.

But they're here, I just have to remind myself.

They're always here.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rick, it's so nice to see your writing again, I'm hoping the L/T is going good. Will you please write about that experience? Please!! I'm on the list now and have failed 2 treatments. I wish we could talk sometime, your my hero in a way, all the things you have been through. I wish you only the best my friend. Take care. RC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks goodness, I’ve been tested negative to HEPATITIS B and LIVER DISEASE (CIRRHOSIS) Thank you Gina for your post Dr. Iyabiye is really a blessing. I reached out to him for help concerning my health condition and I got cured after taken his medicine, I went for multiple tests in different hospital and they all prove negative, which means I’m free from the deadly diseases that was tormenting my life. For those who need help here is the doctor’s contact: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com (phone +234-815-857-7300)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had swollen stomach and severe ribs pain plus vomiting last year, so I went to the hospital and was diagnosed for HEPATITIS B. I was given drugs to relieve the pain and to reduce the viral load, the medicine work a little but the pain got worse after sometime, until I saw a lady’s medical recommendation about Dr. Iyabiye. I reached out to the doctor for help hence I was told it has no hospital cure. I got cured after taking his medication for one month, I went for test 3 times and they all confirmed me free to hepatitis. Doctor’s contact: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com / call: +234-815-857-7300.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Articles that have meaningful and insightful comments are more enjoyable, at least to me. It’s interesting to read what other people thought and how it relates to them or their clients, as their perspective could possibly help you in the future. Kelly McGillis Top Gun Jacket

    ReplyDelete